Curried Broccoli Salad
We love this salad's crunch and color. It has the right combination of spices and a hint of sweetness from coconut and dried cranberries. This is one of our favorite end-of-garden recipes. -Nancy Fleming of Rainier, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup fat-free Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the broccoli, onion, cranberries and walnuts; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 161 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Curried Broccoli Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.