Curried Beef-Stuffed Squash Recipe
- 3 medium acorn squash (about 1 pound each), halved and seeded
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Invert squash in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until almost tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Dissolve bouillon in water; add to skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well. Turn squash cut side up in pan and fill with meat mixture. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/4 in.; cover loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 each: 209 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Curried Beef-Stuffed Squash
"This is a staple for my household in the fall months! The blend of flavors is wonderfull!"