Curried Beef-Stuffed Squash
My husband and I look forward to this dinner. The savory beef tucked inside tender acorn squash halves is a satisfying autumn combination. Plus, it's a lighter entree and very flavorful. — Edna Lee, Greeley, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 medium acorn squash (about 1 pound each), halved and seeded
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Invert squash in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Dissolve bouillon in water; add to skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well. Turn squash cut side up in pan and fill with meat mixture.
- Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/4 in.; cover loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.