Curried Beef Kabobs Recipe
A tongue-tingling marinade gives delightful flavor to the tender chunks of beef in this main dish. My mother prepares these kabobs for guests often since they're so colorful and popular.
- 2/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 bay leaves
- 16 whole peppercorns
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Remove 2/3 cup for basting; refrigerate. Add beef to remaining marinade; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard the marinade.
- 2. On metal or soaked bamboo skewers, alternate beef, green peppers, tomatoes and onions. Place on a greased rack in a broiler pan; broil 5 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue broiling, turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium rare, a meat thermometer should read 145° medium, 160° well-done, 170°). Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Curried Beef Kabobs
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC