Curried Beef Kabobs
A tongue-tingling marinade gives delightful flavor to the tender chunks of beef in this main dish. My mother prepares these kabobs for guests often since they're so colorful and popular.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 bay leaves
- 16 whole peppercorns
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- In a shallow dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove 2/3 cup for basting; refrigerate. Add beef to remaining marinade; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate the beef, green peppers, tomatoes and onions. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue broiling, turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Originally published as Curried Beef Kabobs in Taste of Home April/May 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.