- 1 pound dry great northern beans
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and discard liquid. Return beans to pan; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain and discard liquid. Place beans in a large bowl; add onions, carrots and radishes. In another bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over bean mixture and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCurried Bean Salad
"I cheated a little...I used a combination of canned great northern and garbanzo beans. But this was great!"