VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 slice bread, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble ham and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Remove from pan; drain if needed.
- In a large skillet, combine jelly and mustard. Cook and stir over low heat until jelly is melted. Add meatballs. stir to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Currant-Glazed Ham Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p52