Currant-Glazed Ham Balls
Of the 10 or so varieties of meatballs I make, these are by far the best. Ham and ground beef meatballs are dotted with chopped dried cranberries.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 slice bread, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble ham and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Remove from pan; drain if needed.
- In a large skillet, combine jelly and mustard. Cook and stir over low heat until jelly is melted. Add meatballs. stir to coat.
Originally published as Currant-Glazed Ham Balls in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.