Cupid’s Chicken ‘n’ Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Swiss cheese slices (2 ounces), halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; place over stuffing. Top with cheese. Drizzle with butter.
- Combine soup and water; spoon over stuffing. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Mar 1, 2015
A favorite! I used chicken flavored rice instead of stuffing. Mixed prepared rice and soup/water mixture together, rather than spoon over stuffing/rice mixture.
Mar 1, 2015
A favorite! I used chicken flavored rice instead of stuffing. Mixed prepared rice and soup/water mixture together, rather than spoon over stuffing mixture/rice.
Apr 29, 2013
It's okay. I added more soup and stuffing, but if I make it again, I will warm up the soup and mix it with the stuffing. My mom liked it, and so did my dad. I'm not too crazy about it.
Sep 17, 2012
Nice, easy, basic recipe. I used cheddar cheese.
Oct 20, 2011
This is one of my family's favorites!
Jul 27, 2011
This definitely a keeper in my recipe box.DELICIOUS!!!!! I think you might nothave to cook the chicken as long as the recipe says. I think it depends on howthick the breasts are. This is so good!
Dec 19, 2010
Made with chicken cutlets instead, very tasty, will make it again!
Jul 25, 2010
This has become a family favorite. I've used many different substitutions of cream soups and cheeses, depending upon what I have on hand. If I'm in a hurry I omit browning the chicken first.