- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 18 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1-1/3 cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into each paper-lined muffin cup. Place a peanut butter cup in each; fill two-thirds full with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and peanut butter until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
"I had the same problem as Pittypat5458...all of the peanut butter cups sunk to the bottom of the cupcakes and stuck to the liners, so when I peeled the liners off, the peanut butter cups went with them! If I try this recipe again, I will take the suggestion of chopping up peanut butter cups and adding them to the batter. The cakes themselves and the frosting tasted amazing, though!"
"These were just okay. The problem I had is that the peanut butter cup stuck to the bottom of the cupcake paper liner and the whole cupcake was just impossible to eat as it crumbled apart because of the peanut butter cup in the middle. Maybe if you chopped the candy up it would work better. Anyway, I won't be making this again. Even the flavor was just okay."
"My husband and I love these cupcakes. I am anxious to share them with my friends."
"these cupcakes were awesome. julieharter, best review ever !!"
"Added this to my recipe box, looks easy and to be a hit. Thanks!"
"If you want killer cupcakes, make these, they were awesome! Thanks for sharing."
"These cupcakes were a big hit with my seminary class. I made them several times by request, but I did add about 2 Tbsp. peanut butter to the batter as well, and used chunky peanut butter as that is what we have in the house. Worked great!"
"I decided last minute to make these and they were a great crowd pleaser! I couldn't find the miniature peanut butter cups at the grocery store so I went with two peanut butter cup chocolate bars and cut each cup into four pieces. Worked perfectly. I also did half with buttercream and peanut butter icing and half with milk chocolate peanut butter icing. Both were equally good."
"Made these for my husbad's office potluck. Everyone loved them, but they are definitly a guilty pleasure. I chopped up some extra Peanut Butter Cups and sprinkled them on top for a hint of what's inside. Yummy!"