Cupcake Cookie Pops
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks
- Jolly Rancher hard candies, coarsely crushed
- ROYAL ICING:
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3-1/4 teaspoons meringue powder
- Dash cream of tartar
- Food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cookie dough and flour until blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters of your choice dipped in flour.
- For lollipop cookies: Place lollipop sticks or pretzel sticks on foil-lined baking sheets. Top each with cutout dough; press down gently. Bake until lightly browned, 9-11 minutes. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.
- For cutouts with candy centers: Place cutouts 1 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Cut out center of each cookie. Bake 9-11 minutes. Add crushed candy to the centers; bake until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes longer. Cool completely before carefully removing to wire racks.
- For frosted cookies: Transfer cutouts to foil-lined baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 9-11 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, for royal icing, combine confectioners' sugar, water, meringue powder and cream of tartar; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, 4-5 minutes. Tint with food coloring if desired. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag. Transfer icing to bag. Keep unused icing covered at all times with a damp cloth (if necessary, beat again on high speed to restore texture).
- Outline each cookie with plain icing; let dry. Fill center of each cookie with tinted icing; spread with a toothpick. Let dry completely. Attach candies and decorations with additional icing.
Apr 27, 2010
Cupcake cookie pops are a cookie my family loves and makes any time we have the time to do so. It's so simple to make them and so much fun to eat them, we will be making them any time we can.
Apr 10, 2009
Actually, I think it looks like black icing.
Apr 10, 2009
They look like red m&m's with black piping gel
Apr 5, 2009
King Arthur flour has little lady bugs and bumble bees in their baking catalogue.
Apr 4, 2009
To cute!Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the little ladybug decorations to decorate the cupcakes?
Mar 27, 2009
What is in the flower pot to keep the flower cookie stems in place ?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.