- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 24 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- Frosting of your choice
- Sprinkles or chopped peanuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Place ice cream cones in muffin cups. Spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into each cone, filling to 3/4 in. from the top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks. Frost and decorate as desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forCupcake Cones
"i think this a great recipe is great for kids"
"I am 66 years old and my Mom made ice cream cone cupcakes for our birthdays when we were kids, I made them for Bible School last year for a special treat and I gave the recipe to a young co-worker for her childs birthday. She was delighted to have it. You can also use a cake mix baking in the same way."
"Imade thes for my girls birthdays when they were in elementary school. Iwould make vivid colored frosting and each one would look different but the all tasted the same. The children loved them! Alice G. Sanger,Tx."
"the only thing is - how do you get the cake from falling in on itself when it is done - didn't I fill it enough?"
"Very easy to make, makes as many as it says. Put icing in a freezer bag then cut the edge for easier frosting.so Yummy!"
"I made these with out the cones in regular cupcake papers. I also cut the receip in half and subsituted almond butter for the peanut butter. Deliciously different, I made an icing with the almond butter- a bit of buttermilk and confectioners sugar. Sprinkled the tops with chocolate jimmies."
"They are best the day they are made no matter what flavor of cake is in them. The cones get soggy overnight. They are very cute though and kids do love them."
"Really cute treat, popular with little kids. My Mom would make them all the time when I was little, using different flavored cupcakes, so if someone has a peanut allergy you should easily be able to substitute a yellow cupcake or other preferred flavor."
"wonder if you could us a different mix without the peanut butter since some people have peanut allergies- guess it would work -will try with my grandchildand his schoolmates"