Cumin Chicken Recipe
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1. Mix 1 teaspoon cumin, oregano and garlic salt; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix picante sauce, water, bouillon and remaining cumin; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
- 3. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce: 170 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cumin Chicken
"Been making this recipe for the past 30 years, originally found in a pace picante sauce cookbook. Only difference I make is I usually double the sauce."
"I like the extra jazzy spice in this recipe, and it was easy to cut down to just two servings. I will make this again, and pass it along to the new bride in my family."
"I make this and black bean&rice and put it into a roll up fantstic its great. I also add extra selsa"
"Comment for Cumin chicken"
"Great recipe. Just love it."