Cumin Chicken With Apples Recipe
A mixture of onions, apples and mushrooms seasoned with cumin and Worcestershire sauce enhances this tender chicken dish from field editor Raymonde Bourgeois, Swastika, Ontario.
- 4 chicken legs with thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 small onions, halved and sliced
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In the drippings, saute apples, onions and mushrooms until apples are crisp-tender. Add flour, soup, water, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with chili powder. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 1263mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Cumin Chicken With Apples
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2011
"Heavenly... surprisingly so!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC