A mixture of onions, apples and mushrooms seasoned with cumin and Worcestershire sauce enhances this tender chicken dish from field editor Raymonde Bourgeois, Swastika, Ontario.
Recommended: 30 Chicken Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 chicken legs with thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 small onions, halved and sliced
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In the drippings, saute apples, onions and mushrooms until apples are crisp-tender. Add flour, soup, water, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with chili powder. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cumin Chicken With Apples in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p13
Reviews forCumin Chicken With Apples
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2011
"Heavenly... surprisingly so!"