Cucumbers with Tapenade Mousse
Crisp cucumber rounds act as the base for this deliciously different appetizer. Piping the savory mousse-like filling onto each cucumber creates a stunning presentation.—Mary Brinkhaus, Bloomington, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 English cucumber
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pitted Greek olives, optional
- Peel strips from cucumber to create a decorative edge; cut cucumber into 1/4-in. slices. Blot with paper towels to remove excess moisture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, tapenade and salt.
- In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pipe or dollop mousse onto cucumber slices. Garnish with olives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 23 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Cucumber Rounds with Olive Tapenade Mousse in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.