Cucumber Tuna Appetizers
When my grandmother emigrated from Italy, she brought along her love of cooking, which she then passed on to me. Using cucumber slices instead of bread adds crunch as well as nutrition.—Lisa DiVito, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first ten ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve on cucumber slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 30 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Tuna and Caper Crostini in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010