Cucumber & Squash Salad
I developed this recipe one summer when I had too many summer squash and needed a different, tasty way to use them. It's an easy, quick salad lunch. —Jacqueline Miller, Wooster, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 86 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Summer Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009