Cucumber Ham Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 8 thin rectangular slices deli ham
- Cut each cucumber half lengthwise into four strips; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mustard and dill. Spread about 2 tablespoons over each ham slice. Place a cucumber strip on the wide end; roll up tightly jelly-roll style.
- Cut off any cucumber that extends beyond ham slice. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 3/4-in. slices.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 69 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
May 1, 2012
This recipe has conflicting info. The list of ingredients [erroneously] states the cucumber is to be chopped. However, the directions tell you to cut the cucumber in quarters - which is obviously the way it is intended to be handled.
Jun 25, 2009
also can use a scallion
Feb 5, 2009
Tasty variation....use a dill pickle instead...just make sure to wipe it dry before wrapping.
May 17, 2008
you can also put the spread on a flower tortilla and put the meat on the spread then roll up the cucumber in that and it tastes so good
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.