This crisp and tangy salad from our Test Kitchen hits the spot on warm afternoons and evenings. Sprinkling the cucumbers with salt and letting them sit draws out excess water so they stay nice and crisp.
Recommended: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place cucumber slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring once. Rinse and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, dill, sugar and pepper. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber Dill Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p50