Cucumber Crab Bites
Hints of pineapple and cucumber add unique fresh flavor to these delicate appetizers shared by Jeannie Klugh from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The tasty bites make a beginning to boast about for any meal or light spring luncheon.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1-1/4 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or imitation crabmeat
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dill, mustard and seafood seasoning. Stir in the crab and pineapple. Spread over cucumber slices. Sprinkle with onions. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 47 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cucumber Crab Bites in Light & Tasty February/March 2006