Cucumber Buttermilk Salad Dressing
I extended bottled salad dressing to come up with this refreshing combination. Full of cucumber flavor, it's wonderful over dark greens and fresh vegetables, It's a recipe I turn to time and again.—Connie Thomas, Jensen, Utah
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled cucumber, patted dry
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Refrigerate overnight. Stir in cucumber. Serve over a tossed salad.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 50 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Cucumber Buttermilk Salad Dressing in Light & Tasty October/November 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.