- 2 small English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place all ingredients in a bowl; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, about 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCucumber and Red Onion Salad
"Excellent and easy! I made the recipe with no substitutions for a work pot luck, and I also came home with an empty bowl. I'll definitely do this again!"
"Looks delicious! I love the idea of sesame oil. Did I miss something, Tracey? I don't see mayo OR sugar in the recipe."
"EXCELLENT!! I didn't have white vinegar so I used Balsamic. No harm and certainly no foul! Lol. Cut the mayo to 3/4th of cup & sugar to 1/3rd (as a commentor recommended). It's chilling now, but it's great. My family won't eat so it's more for me! YAY! :-)"
"very good! will make again for sure"
"If you never come home with an EMPTY bowl, it must not be that good. I am sure this is not what you meant to type in your description."
"Love it! So simple and refreshing. Great recipe to use for the abundance of cucumbers from my garden!"
"Light and simple to put together. Will make again."
"Something Martha would be proud of!"