Cubed Parmesan Potatoes
I created this potato dish myself. I often cook according to what I have on hand, so the ingredients are staples. This dish is easy to prepare and compatible with a variety of entrees. -Sarah Reinsch, Geneva, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dried parsley flakes
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine butter and lemon juice. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender, turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in an 1100-watt microwave. To bake instead, place the potato mixture in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 271 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cubed Parmesan Potatoes in Reminisce Extra June 2003
Apr 6, 2012
Really good. The lemon flavour was unusual, but it worked.
Aug 2, 2011
Excellent in taste, ease of preparation, and eye appeal! I've made it several times and recommend it to friends.