Cube Steak Dinner
This colorful entree makes dinner for two extra special. The subtle blend of flavors seasons the steaks just right.—Arthur Baker, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green pepper rings
- Sweet red pepper rings
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until melted.
- Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. In the same skillet, saute the onion, garlic and pepper rings in remaining oil until tender. Spoon over steaks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Cube Steak Dinner in Reminisce Extra October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips