Hot and juicy pork in tortillas may remind you of a Cuban sandwich with ham and cheese. We always include the pickles, of course. —Aimee Bachmann, Bellevue, WA
Recommended: Sandwich Recipes Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound thin boneless pork loin chops, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 multigrain tortillas (10 inches)
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin sandwich pickle slices
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, toss pork with oil and pepper. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread mustard onto center of tortillas; layer with ham, cheese, pickle, onion and pork. Fold bottom and sides of tortillas over filling and roll up. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; bake 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cuban Pork Wraps in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016