- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 boneless pork top loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. Place roast in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour reserved marinade over the roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; baste with pan drippings. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard bay leaves. Let roast stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCuban Pork Roast
"The flavor of this marinade was excellent but the meat needed to marinate overnight. The two end pieces were the only that had really picked up the flavor."