- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, raisins, olives, vinegar, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add peas; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCuban Ground Beef Hash
"I really enjoyed this recipe. Definitely said no to the raisins!"
"I, too, leave out the raisins most of the time. Although I like the contrast they provide, some members of my family do not. No matter, it's still very tasty without them."
"This is a wonderful recipe. The olives add just the right touch. I had to admit to not always include the raisins. We don't miss it."