- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 9 eggs
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in flour; cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Remove form the heat; set aside to cool, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, baking powder, salt and mustard; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Slowly add cream cheese, cottage cheese mixture and cream sauce. Fold in Swiss
- and Parmesan cheeses. Pour into two greased 10-in. pie plates. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forCrustless Swiss Quiche
"I don't like pie crust, so this is absolutely perfect for me."
"Made this for a Bible study group -- halved the recipe using 5 eggs and pretty much the same. Filled my 10" glass pie plate nicely but @ 350 it definitely was not done; and I am pretty sure (since other "stuff" cooks correctly) that this recipe might be a bit off! I had to turn the temp up to 375 to get it done so I could leave ... consequently ... but well received and it did taste pretty good. I did dice up a small can of mushrooms and maybe next time will add a bit of spinach. Worth the time to figure out the correct cooking time!"
"So yummy! My kids both loved it! It has a great texture and flavor! I will make it again."
"Awesome!!! I ws skeptical about no crust and I didn't even notice it wasn't there, that is how good this is. Will make this a regular on our Sunday breakfast menu, thanks for the recipe!!!"
"this sounds so good!!! i think this is one that i can make and not mess it up lol"
"I've been making this quiche for years and everyone loves it!! I'll be making it again tomorrow for a brunch I'm attending. The hostess asked me to bring it."