- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add spinach and ham; cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCrustless Spinach Quiche
"Love the amount of spinach but I used fresh and steamed it down; only change I made was using pepper jack cheese. Came out perfectly."
"Very yummy! I used red peppers instead of mushrooms as that is what I had on hand. My husband even liked it and he does not care for quiche, I think because there is no crust. Will make again!"
"Can’t believe no one thought there was way too much spinach (it was so thick). I had to double the rest of the ingredients and make two quiches. There was still plenty of spinach."
"So easy, so good.. love quiche but because of crust I never made it. Follow recipe for first time before improvising. I did use fresh spinach though."
"For the person who wanted a crust; Try Frozen shredded hash browns. Place these thawed in a sprayed pie plate....probably metal. Spread the hash browns in a flat thin layer over the bottom, and up the sides a little. bake it at appx 375 till golden .Then remove from oven and turn oven back down to 350. OR use an oven proof skillet. Brown the shredded hash browns in the bottom of the (9 to 10 inch ) pan.( with oven proof handles) Add in the egg mixture .bake as directed. I have not actually done this, but it should work. You could also check on line for "Impossible pie" recipes by Bisquick. Then estimate how much Bisquick you might need. Those Impossible pie recipes make their own thin crust layer as they bake.Just remember that these ideas add carbs and calories. bake times MAY vary too. Personally, I think this quiche is fine without a crust....(which is kinda the point of this piticular recipe)"
"This is a wonderful recipe. It is great as leftovers, re-heats beautifully! I used pepperjack cheese, to give it a little kick. I'll make this again!"
"Delicious. Amazing how much flavor this has. I also used fresh, steamed spinach. I'll certainly make this again."
"We're watching carbs so this was the perfect meal for us tonight! It was very easy to prepare. I used fresh spinach, it's what I had on hand. Eyeballed the amount that my DH would approve of! Added a little minced garlic and LOTS of pepper. I'll make this again! I like the suggestion of using sausage, maybe next time. This is a great base for a lot of variations."
"I used fresh spinach as that is what I had on hand. This was a keeper. Every member of my family liked it. No leftovers!!"