Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 egg whites
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 3 whole crackers)
- Reduced-fat whipped topping and additional cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first nine ingredients until well blended. Stir in cracker crumbs.
- Pour into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and cinnamon if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 116 calories, 0 fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Nov 22, 2017
LOVE THIS CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN THE BEST??????????---- it tastes NO DIF making with SPLENDA--vs sugar- taste is great! I've actually made it both ways--- but because both my parents are diabetics & everyone else is watching their weight- I just make the lower calorie one no one knows it's LOW CALORIE unless I tell them! AWESOME TASTE!!!??
Nov 22, 2016
This pumpkin pie recipe without a crust is such an awesome concept. My husband has been on a low fat diet for the last number of years. That traditionally makes pie an absolute No-No. I found this recipe about the time he was put on the diet. I use the traditional Libby's pumpkin pie recipe spices listed on the can as opposed to what is recommended here. Aside from that, I compose the recipe just as recommended. It makes the most beautiful pumpkin pie ever. I published it in a newsletter that we sent out through our business. It was tried by one of our readers who also concurred how delicious it is. My children and all our guests love this pie, and the old crusted version is history!
Nov 28, 2013
What a delight! As a diabetic, this was perfect. My family loved it too! My husband was on cloud nine because he didn't have to deal with a crust! (he hates pie crust) This has been added as a permanent addition to my recipes! Thank you! I discovered, as a side note, that you can use hubbard squash as a great substitute to pumpkin. I also used 4 eggs instead of substitute and skipped the egg whites. Yum!
Oct 14, 2013
Love this recipe! I will definitely be making this for the holidays!
Nov 21, 2012
can the egg substitute & egg whites be eliminated and just use how many eggs?? I would love to try this as I really am not a crust person when it comes to pie!!
Nov 11, 2012
luvsvacations the first line says: In a large bowl, beat the first nine ingredients until well blended. Stir in cracker crumbs.
Nov 11, 2012
I was wndering what you did with the graham cracker crumbs - does it go in the pie mixture - it calls for the first 9 ingredients and that is the 10th item. thanks
Nov 27, 2011
Everyone loved it even those who were not diabetics
Nov 21, 2011
I have made this a number of times. It is popular with my family. Since pumpkin pie is a custard filling, once it is well set it doesn't need the crust to hold it together. Who'd have thought?!
Dec 1, 2010
Turned out great!