Crustless Pear Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the pears, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; toss to coat. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 242 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 11, 2011
My brother gave me a large bag of pears, and I found this recipe at ToH. I followed it precisely, and it is just marvelous. One of my girlfriends favorites is pear pie. I scored a lot of points the day she showed up and I had just taken the pie from the oven.