Crustless Mushroom Spinach Tart Recipe
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Coat a 9-in. pie plate with cooking spray. Sprinkle bottom and sides with bread crumbs; shake out the excess. Set plate aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 12-14 minutes or until all of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the milk, egg substitute, salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach mixture, 1 cup Mexican cheese blend and Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining cheese around edge of tart. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 218 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Crustless Mushroom Spinach Tart
"So yummy! 1% milk works fine.~ Theresa"