"No coaxing is necessary to get my husband to eat his spinach when I stir it into this tempting tart," says Mary Lopez of Willow Creek, California. "With no crust, this cheesy veggie dish is so easy to prepare. The aroma alone will be enough to bring your family to the table.
Recommended: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coat a 9-in. pie plate with cooking spray. Sprinkle bottom and sides with bread crumbs; shake out the excess. Set plate aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 12-14 minutes or until all of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, egg substitute, salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach mixture, 1 cup Mexican cheese blend and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining cheese around edge of tart. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crustless Mushroom Spinach Tart in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p52
Reviews forCrustless Mushroom Spinach Tart
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2013
"So yummy! 1% milk works fine.~ Theresa"