- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place biscuit mix and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs and rosemary. Coat pork chops with biscuit mix, dip in egg, then coat with cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCrusted Pork Chops
"really very good-my huband really has a dislike for rosemary.I grow it by the bushel so decided I'd only use 1 t fresh finely chopped rosemary and hoped it wouldn't still over power the crust. no complaints at all. oh I did need more of the biscuit mix as 1/4 c was just short of what was needed."
"Really, really good! A nice crispy outside and tender and juicy on the inside."
"Very easy to fix and an outstanding taste. My wife loved it, and that says something."
"I think that this recipe has potential. However, medium heat seems to be too high. I tried it at the lower end of medium and the coating just fell off and then started burning. I would plan on more cooking time at a low heat if I try it again."
"This is our family's favorite way to eat pork chops, though we leave out the rosemary."
"Great tasting pork chops, my family loved them!"
"This was a truly easy and tasty recipe!"