Crunchy Veggie Toss
Crisp carrots, green beans, water chestnuts, garbanzo beans and more combine with bottled dressing in this sensational salad. "I created this medley when I wanted something easy, delicious and healthy," relates Ronda Leuth of Le Claire, Iowa.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing or vinegar and oil salad dressing
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Add the almonds and salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.