Crunchy Veggie Toss
Crisp carrots, green beans, water chestnuts, garbanzo beans and more combine with bottled dressing in this sensational salad. "I created this medley when I wanted something easy, delicious and healthy," relates Ronda Leuth of Le Claire, Iowa.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing or vinegar and oil salad dressing
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Add the almonds and salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 194 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Crunchy Veggie Toss in Quick Cooking January/February 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.