Crunchy Veggie Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise and salt until blended. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined rolls.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 162 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Jan 4, 2018
These sandwiches are superb! I've been making these since the recipe first appeared in Taste of Home in 2004. It takes some time to wash and chop all the veggies, but it is so worth it! My family and I love these!
Apr 16, 2010
This sandwich is really good a little on the messy side, but delicious! We all enjoyed it. You don't have to limit yourself to just these veggies in it either. It's great in the spring and summer seasons.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.