Crunchy Vegetable Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 2 cups
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Assorted crackers
- Place vegetables in a small colander or strainer; drain well. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until blended. Stir in vegetables and pepper. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 144 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 9, 2010
Refreshing and easy. Reduced fat cream cheese works well in this recipe. I have turned to this one many times with good results and rave reviews.
Dec 31, 2009
My sister in law brought it to our Christmas party, and it was the hit of the party! Yummy and refreshing.