Crunchy Tuna Turnovers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups crushed potato chips
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, cheese, mayonnaise, olives and lemon-pepper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, flatten each biscuit into a 5-in. circle. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of tuna mixture onto one side of each circle. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place egg and potato chips in separate shallow bowls. Dip turnovers in egg, then coat with chips. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Make a 2-1/2-in. slit in top of each turnover. Bake at 375° for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 6, 2017
These were great!!! I added a tad extra seasoning with the mixture, but that's the only thing I changed. I think next time I might increase the mayo just a tad too (personal preference). These really were great as-is, and something a bit different than the standard tuna casseroles that I make. My husband commented that the biscuits almost had a pretzel-like taste and texture, which we both loved. I'll be making this again!
Feb 8, 2013
I have made these for friends as a new twist on a tuna sandwich for lunch. I usually have a salad of fruit or vegetable to go along side. Simple meal rather quick. I also use low sodium and low fat products throughout the ingredients listed and always low salt potato chips and eggbeaters for dipping. I did add some panko crumbs when low on chips for coating, works great, good crunch too.
Oct 20, 2009
Try it with a good chicken salad.