Crunchy Tuna Surprise
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 367 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1017mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2008
Second time I used a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of cheddar cheese soup. Also added a can of sliced water chestnuts to mixture. Topped w/chow mein noodles before serving rather than the crushed corn flakes. Turned out very good. Adding the extra can of soup kept it from becoming dried out the next day.
Sep 20, 2008
I used cream of chicken soup instead because that was what I had on hand and added 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese to mixture. Was very good the first night but was a little dried out when I tried to eat it for lunch the next day.