Crunchy Tuna Sandwiches
Charlotte Baillargeon of Hinsdale, Massachusetts puts a unique twist on tuna salad sandwiches by seasoning the creamy mixture with ginger and soy sauce. A can of sliced water chestnuts provides the tasty crunch.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerator for 1 hour. Just before serving, spoon onto rolls and top with a lettuce leaf.
1 each: 634 calories, 35g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1292mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 3, 2010
The soy sauce overpowers the tuna.
Dec 31, 1969
Is the fat content correct in this recipe? It seems really high!
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC