Crunchy Tuna Sandwiches
Charlotte Baillargeon of Hinsdale, Massachusetts puts a unique twist on tuna salad sandwiches by seasoning the creamy mixture with ginger and soy sauce. A can of sliced water chestnuts provides the tasty crunch.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerator for 1 hour. Just before serving, spoon onto rolls and top with a lettuce leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 634 calories, 35g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1292mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Tuna Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.