- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; shake well. Chill for 1 hour. Just before serving, combine the lettuce, bacon, almonds, sesame seeds and onions in a large bowl; add dressing and toss. Top with chow mein noodles. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCrunchy Tossed Salad
"I have made this salad for years! Everyone loves it and always asks for the recipe. I have extra copies to give out."
"Great salad. We usually use spring mix lettuce, baby spinach or both!!"
"This is my family's and friend's all time favorite salad recipe. We eat it all year long and it always seems to impress when I take it to potlucks, BBQs, and holiday gatherings."
"Our extended family loves this salad. A niece fixed it for a holiday meal and it's on every table when we have a get-to-gether. There's never so much as a noodle left."
"This salad is a regular in our household. The whole family loves it!"
"My sister made this for a family gathering and I just loved the crunchy bits of bacon, almonds and chow mein noodles. This is a regular at my house now!!!"