Crunchy Tossed Salad with Chicken
I like to prepare this in summer when the men are late getting in from the fields. Chicken and a zesty dressing turn simple greens into a satisfying main meal.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups potato sticks
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, celery, carrots and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Pour over salad; lightly toss to coat. Add potato sticks; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 426 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Tossed Salad with Chicken in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.