Crunchy-Topped Spice Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, butter and pumpkin. Add cake mix; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cups walnuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 387 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
May 9, 2011
This is an all time favorite for me. I like most anything with pumpkin and the combination with the spice cake is wonderful. The cake is moist without being too sweet. Perfect for those who love cake but could do without the icing.
Oct 25, 2010
This is a great recipe, it was sooo good. I made it, took it to work and everyone loved it. I look for excuses to make it again!! :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.