Crunchy Sweet Potato Balls
My mother always served these sweet potato balls at Thanksgiving—and she always had to double the recipe!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 to 8 large marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Mix sweet potatoes, egg, 2 tablespoons butter, cream, salt and nutmeg. Divide into six to eight portions. Pat each portion around a marshmallow. Roll in remaining butter and then in cornflakes. Place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Balls in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.