Crunchy Sweet Potato Balls
My mother always served these sweet potato balls at Thanksgiving—and she always had to double the recipe!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 to 8 large marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Mix sweet potatoes, egg, 2 tablespoons butter, cream, salt and nutmeg. Divide into six to eight portions. Pat each portion around a marshmallow. Roll in remaining butter and then in cornflakes. Place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Balls in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook