Crunchy Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat. Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup: 187 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Crunchy Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts
"Everyone loved these nuts in my family!!"
"These are delicious and very easy to make."