- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews forCrunchy Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts
"These are delicious and very easy to make."