Crunchy Spiced Nuts
These flavor-packed nuts provide vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. You’ll love ’em! Suzanne Wood - Houston, TX
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and water. Sift together the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg; place in another shallow bowl. Coat nuts in egg mixture, then dip in sugar mixture.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 182 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.