Crunchy Snack Mix with Peanuts
This crunchy, nutty snack has mass appeal. Make it during the Christmas season or whenever your family is craving something yummy to munch.—Rose Marie Domeny, Mundelein, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 6 cups Crispix
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 pound dry roasted peanuts
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a greased roasting pan, combine cereals and peanuts; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 239 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Chex Mix in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.